liquidat: I recently got a new “multimedia” keyboard which comes along with a set of extra keys. While my keyboard needed some initial manual configuration it works now almost without problems using Lineak.
linux.com: Managing disk space used to be a royal pain for admins and users. Running out of disk space often meant reinstalling Linux or spending a few hours with tools like Parted to resize partitions. However, using the Logical Volume Manager (LVM) tools, you can grow, shrink, and manage disk space with very little hassle.
- A step-by-step guide to building a new SELinux policy module
- Back to School: A few of the many, many sites with free clip art for schools
- Command line tips - Finding files; Part 1: By Name
- Using Iconv to convert UTF-8 to ASCII (on Linux)
- remove blank lines using grep or sed
This article shows how you can build your own video community using lighttpd with its mod_flv_streaming module (for streaming .flv videos, the format used by most major video communities such as YouTube) and its mod_secdownload module (for preventing hotlinking of the videos).
lxpages: Sometimes you may find yourself working with hundreds or thousands of files which need to have extension removed or just changed say from .htm to .html or .php to .html for some reason. Well.. since I know you’d someday come across such an issue, we’ve put together a couple of tips that you may find helpful.
iTWire: One of the great strengths of Linux is its multi-faceted network server capabilities, reaching back to its rich UNIX history and the development of TCP/IP on that platform. If you’re a software developer, it’s dead simple to network-enable your own apps too, making them act consistently with other server processes. Here’s how to do it, in two parts.
- Securing SSH Using Denyhosts
- Installing Mandriva 2007 Spring on a RAID 0 configuration
- How do I use the “xm block-attach” command to attach additional storage (like USB drive) to my running para-virtualized Xen guests?
- Very nice features in the gallery for putting graphics in the background on OpenOffice Writer
- Logitech MX Revolution's Special Buttons On Fedora 7
- Extract text with awk
- Why Use Subversion? Two Reasons: Revert and Branches
redemption in a blog: Firefox 3, or Gran Paradiso, is really shaping up with some pretty cool new features being implemented in the recent months. Want to get in on checking out the new features but still want good old Firefox 2? Here’s how:
I've posted an excerpt from the book, a three-page PDF of the instructions for using the grid, plus darkening the grid and increasing the number of increments.
This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions about how to create a highly available VMware Server environment on a Debian Etch system. With this tutorial, you will be able to create Virtual Machines that will be available on multiple systems with failover/failback capabilities.