- Text flow in OpenOffice.org Writer
- Arcane Linux Commands: dc
- Running the QW:ET Demo on Fedora 7
- Google Earth, Google Maps and Your Photos: a Tutorial
- Searching using whereis linux command
- Control of alternative linux executables
- Witchy which linux command
- How to : Setup a Local DNS Cache
- How to list just directories (the right way)
polishlinux: Every Unix system offers several useful commands for finding files and searching them for strings. Together with programming techniques such as streams, pipes, redirections, and regular expressions they comprise very powerful tools ideal for administrative tasks.
FOSSwire: Installing software. It’s something that you do quite a lot if you’re like most computer users. On Unix-like systems, there are several different ways you be getting that program however - it’s not necessarily a simple case of double-clicking one setup file. One of these ways is to download the program’s source code and compile it yourself.
yalb: Today, I’d like to share a tip I found out while working with a beta release for a distribution of Linux with KDE’s 3.5.7 version. So let’s take a look at how you can force KDE to run at the correct DPI for your monitor which will, in turn, make your fonts look MUCH better.
This document describes how to set up Xen on Fedora 7. Xen enables the paravirtualization of your hardware for its virtual machines if you have a CPU with Vanderpool (Intel) or Pacifica (AMD) technology.
tectonic: Getting longer battery life out laptop PCs is the holy grail of mobile computing. Powertop is a Linux tool to eek out those precious minutes of battery life by eliminating unnecessary power wasting processes.
- MythTV on Ubuntu plus IRman
- Howto list just directories
- Simple Trick for Video Playback on Compiz with Intel and GStreamer
- HOWTO: Installing Highpoint Rocketraid 222x on Ubuntu Dapper (6.06 LTS)
- NTP Server and Client Configuration in debian
- How to Sync Hydrogen with Ardour
Torrent is a great way to transfer large files very quickly. However most torrent clients are gui based and have quite some impact on system resources (e.g. Azureus). rTorrent is a lightweight client running from the terminal.
tombuntu: Once you start installing new GTK themes in Ubuntu, you will notice that applications that run as root, such as the Synaptic Package Manager, look unthemed and ugly.
Also: The Community Unofficial Ubuntu Names Tome
Vincent Danen: RPM (the Red Hat Package manager) is the most widely-used package manager on Linux systems. One of RPM’s strengths is the variety of options it provides to verify file information, reset file information, and so on.