linux-tip.net: NoMachine NX is a Terminal Server and remote access solution based on a comprising set of enterprise class open source technologies. NX makes it possible to run any graphical application on any operating system across any network connection at incredible speed.
- MP3s On Ubuntu - The OGG Alternative
- how to create animate gif from your mobile video
- Short Tip: Extract Files from an RPM file
- Howto Setup firefox for kmail
blorge.com: If you want to explore and enjoy both Vista and Linux world in a single PC, then you have to configure your PC to handle dual-boot system. It may sound difficult but it’s really within the knowledge of average computer users. Here are the steps to add Linux on your Vista system for a dual boot.
Also: GSoC: final look at Bootloader Manager
This guide shows how to install the Songbird media player (0.3 Developer Pre-Release) on an Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) desktop. Songbird is a free software audio player with media database capabilities written using XUL and VLC, with an interface similar to Apple's iTunes.
- Howto Change Ubuntu Forced fsck
- Stupid Way to make Mplayer Repeatedly Play
- How to install Intel PRO ipw3945 wireless drivers
- Linux Increase Process Identifiers Limit with /proc/sys/kernel/pid_max
rudd-O: If you’re one of our regular readers, you’ll remember reading the article and script I wrote on automating BitTorrent downloads with TorrentFlux and rsync. The script has come to be quite handy to me, but the process of writing it is much more fun and appealing. Here’s how I did it.
- Understanding Linux Users
- Upgrade from Ubuntu Feisty to Gutsy: the one-liner version
- Interception of files with tcpdump
- KDE Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to configure Splashy Screen on debian
- Basic C++ Tutorial
- Linux Increase Local Port Range with net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range
- A more informative status line for Vim
This guide shows how you can upgrade your desktop from Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) to Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon).
matt hartley: So you just downloaded Flock, fell in love with it and believe this is the browser for you. Previously, you already installed all the preferred plugins for Firefox, yet Flock does not see them on Ubuntu?
Also: Simple Firefox optimizations that really matter
And: Mozilla Firefox 22.214.171.124 Now Available
Linux Planet: Everyone knows they should make regular backups of their data. But hardly anyone is as diligent with backups as they should be. So in this two-part series we're going to learn some nice simple methods for making regular backups on single PCs or small networks.