- Ubuntu 11.10 without Unity shell shock
- seven fields in the Ubuntu Linux Password file
- Ubuntu 12.04 Release Schedule Updated
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 244
- Searching for Files in Ubuntu
- Unity Phone Mockups, TV mockups
This tutorial explains how you can mount a directory from a remote server on the local server securely using SSHFS. SSHFS (Secure SHell FileSystem) is a filesystem that serves files/directories securely over SSH, and local users can use them just as if the were local files/directories. On the local computer, the remote share is mounted via FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace). I will use Ubuntu 11.10 for both the local and the remote server.
- Back to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 12.04 Release Schedule
- Freedom from Ubuntu with Debian Alternatives
- Is Ubuntu’s Popularity Declining? The Answer is Yes... and No
- Canonical’s Efforts to Educate Large Organizations on Ubuntu
- [How To] Customise Unity like Never Before
- Ubuntu and QML
- One Hundred Paper Cuts Project is Precisely Back
- Ubuntu 12.04 Development update
- HMV Stores in UK Use Ubuntu Powered Displays
This tutorial shows how you can enable Compiz on a Xubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) desktop (the system must have a 3D-capable graphics card - I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce 8200 here). Xubuntu uses the Xfce desktop environment which is a fast and stable alternative for those that are not happy with Unity or Gnome 3. With Compiz you can use beautiful 3D effects like wobbly windows or a desktop cube on your desktop.
starryhope.com: As the digital age progresses, the amount of data we produce each year is growing quickly. There was a time when we could fit all of our personal digital data on a few floppy disks, but many of us now have hundreds of gigabytes or photos, music and documents that we need to backup and protect.
the451group.com: Ubuntu has been taking some criticism and heat for its falling Distrowatch rankings. I don’t doubt that after years of popularity, we’re finally seeing a bit of a return to the desktop Linux world of old when a new distribution shot up every week or month, then faded, then re-appeared … and so on. However,
- Get an Early Peek at Ubuntu Linux 12.04
- Kubuntu 11.10 Review
- THE Ubuntu Success Story
ubuntu.com: We are pleased to bring you the first set of developer images that capture the current fleeting reality of our Precise Pangolin (Ubuntu 12.04 Alpha 1) as it starts to emerge.
- The end of the Linux distro wars
- Is Ubuntu Still The Most Popular Linux Distro?
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 243
- My Unity TV Mockups
- Distro Dance