- The much misunderstood Ubuntu 9.10 upgrade poll
- Ubuntu 9.10 on Netbooks - Part 3
- Testing the Nouveau Driver on Ubuntu
- Memo to Ubuntu Devs: Make Separate Home Default
- Is Ubuntu's release cycle its downfall?
- The Intersection Of Quality And Expectations
linuxplanet.com: Canonical released Ubuntu 9.10 in various forms last week including the Ubuntu Netbook Remix (UNR) edition. UNR has been around since Ubuntu 8.04 (see Mark Shuttleworth's blog for a good summary of UNR) and has taken on some pretty stiff competition of late from Moblin. Enquiring minds want to know which version is better for my netbook?
blogs.gnome.org: Reading this blog entry on Linux Magazine, the thought occurred to me that Ubuntu is making its way nicely along the path that new projects have travelled for many years. The Hype Cycle.
Also: Is Karmic Ubuntu's Vista?
- The Myth of the Bad Ubuntu Release
- Q&A: Ubuntu 9.10 security
- Ubuntu 9.10 on Netbooks - Part 2
- Kubuntu 9.10: Fast, Stable, Yet Average
redmonk.com/sogrady: I’ve had persistent issues with Intel Video since the Jaunty release of Ubuntu. The short version is that the fancy effects that I eventually came to depend on stopped working after the Intrepid release of the distribution. Both Jaunty and Karmic include Intel video drivers – and I’ve tried every bleeding edge PPA version I can find – that simply don’t work with Compiz.
linux-mag.com: Ubuntu’s new Karmic Koala 9.10 release has been highly anticipated as the greatest release ever. In truth, it falls flat on its face in a time when Linux really needed to shine.
- Windows 7 or Ubuntu 9.10 – battle of the operating systems
- Linux for grandma & grandpa
- Ubuntu 9.10 on Netbooks, Part 1
sutor.com: I’ve been playing with the latest Ubuntu desktop release, 9.10 Karmic Koala, since the first beta and I’ve now been using it full time for business work for three days. Here are my impressions and comments:
- Review: Ubuntu 9.10 first look
- Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala
- Kubuntu Linux 9.10
- Bugs Plague Ubuntu 9.10 Release
- Another Failure of Linux’s Karmic Koala
- Ubuntu Karmic Ships with PEAR-Affecting Issues