- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Is Linux Market Growth Stagnated (At Least)?||srlinuxx||03/10/2012 - 2:06am|
|Story||Firefox Is Back on Top of Chrome||srlinuxx||02/10/2012 - 8:16pm|
|Story||Ubuntu 12.10: More to Um Bongo Linux than Amazon ads||srlinuxx||02/10/2012 - 8:10pm|
|Story||today's leftovers:||srlinuxx||02/10/2012 - 3:09am|
|Story||9 potentially New Gnome Apps!||srlinuxx||02/10/2012 - 1:57am|
|Story||Ubuntu ‘Won’t Fix’ NSFW Content||srlinuxx||02/10/2012 - 1:56am|
|Story||DJ A Wedding With Linux: A Review Of Mixxx||srlinuxx||02/10/2012 - 1:52am|
|Story||Manage Photos with gThumb||srlinuxx||01/10/2012 - 11:51pm|
|Story||Ubuntu has a bigger problem than its Amazon blunder||srlinuxx||1||01/10/2012 - 7:02pm|
|Blog entry||IOS6 battery life drain adding to your woes? This might help…||fieldyweb||01/10/2012 - 6:50pm|
phoronix.com: Last November we had looked at Mythbuntu 7.10 and found it to be an excellent MythTV distribution. Today we are taking an early look at this spring refresh using the recently released beta.
lostaddress.org: Gael Duval is the creator of Mandrake Linux. He left Mandriva in March 2006 and went on to start a new project called Ulteo. So what’s it all about?
blogbeebe.blogspot: Every once in a while I come across the argument being made that OS choice is like car choice. It's usually in a forum involving Linux, where one poster will lead off that there's too much choice and the follow-up will read something like "But how will we ever choose what car to buy and drive with all this choice.. it's too much.."
nowwhatthe.blogspot: Plasma themes rock Now you can have a much more consistent look throughout KDE 4. Here are a few screenshots showing how KDE 4 trunk can look these days.
hotchkikr.wordpress: Here are some of the new updates for ubuntu HARDY! newer X.org, Newer Gnome, And more! The latest Xorg, Xorg 7.3, is available in Hardy, with an emphasis on better autoconfiguration with a minimal configuration file.
lexlocilinux.blogspot: Until last night, I was not an Ubuntu fan. For various reasons, I preferred PCLinuxOS or Kubuntu over the Linux distribution juggernaut, Ubuntu. But last night, Ubuntu "pulled my fat out of the fire". Here's the story:
blog.codefront.net: I’m writing this today to rave about how cool this one particular feature, auto-completion in the Location Bar (or the Address Bar, you know, where you type in URLs), in Firefox 3 is.
- Authenticating an Ubuntu PC to Active Directory
- Using sed to extract lines in a text file
- Image Magick Banner Generator - part 4
- Five Tips for Easter
justingill.com/blog: Mandriva 2008.1 RC2 has been out a few days and the reviews are coming in. My biggest concern with Mandriva was the memory issue. Mandriva is listening, and they have responded.
Fabrice Facorat:When AMD begun to release specs for its GPU, I've read a theory about the fact that this move was motivated by the project to release hybrid CPU/GPU by AMD. Intel is now doing the same thing.
clunixchit.blogspot: Recently at FOSDEM we had many visitors at the Fedora booth. Everyone in the Fedora team talked pretty much what they do at the Fedora Project to the public and how important it is, but I should rephrase my sentence "how important it is for the users".
ppenz.blogspot: In Konqueror for KDE 4.0 it was not possible configuring the views within the settings dialog. As Konqueror uses the Dolphin KPart, it was required to start Dolphin for this task. Well this nasty issue will be a thing of the past.
linux-gamers.net: Gamesoogle has published a list of mentoring organizations and projects for Google Summer of Code 2008. Quite a few gaming and gaming-related projects have made it again this year:
- Howto Setup Vidalia TOR GUI with Ubuntu
- HOWTO setup Atheros AR5007EG wireless on Feisty Fawn (with ndiswrapper)
- HowTo: Set A Default Browser in Debian
- Mastering OpenOffice: Tips And Tricks For Your OpenOffice (Part
- Configuring Dual Monitor on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon
- Spicebird: More Open Source Competition For Outlook
- Yum Force Exclude List
- Mandriva 2008 Free ON HP DV9000t
- People of openSUSE: Masim Sugianto
- Compiz package updates and Google Summer of Code 2008
- lp0 on fire — A little History Lesson
- OOXML Stalemate May Lead to Cliff Hanger Ending
- OLPC vs Classmate PC
- Linux: Virtual Compound Pages
- Linux For a Trade Manager
- PCLinuxOS Gnome 2008 released today
- Linux.com Weekly Wire with Lisa (Video)
- Mandriva have lost their way
- Disable touchpad while typing
- Is the Open Source Brand in the Right Hands?
- SplashTop Adds Virtualization Support
- OSI supports ODF and Document Freedom Day
- Free Open Source Software Could Help African Development
- New Ubuntu-only Digg-like Site
bryceharrington.org: Here's the latest version of the Xrandr GUI, that'll be uploaded post-beta. We've taken care of the major show stopper issues by this point.
linux-exploration.blogspot: Installing OpenSUSE isn't something a newcomer would find easy. The options are confusing, and I got stuck at the partition menu, so I could dual boot. You must pay keen attention to the proposals or you may mess up your system.
- Mozilla says Firefox 3 beta is ready for prime time, we beg to differ
- Firefox 3 almost ready for the general public - But not quite
- No, Firefox 3 Isn’t Ready for Prime-TimeZ
- Creating a Contacts Database in OpenOffice
- Fixing Grub From Within Windows
- Kick a user off your linux box
- How to Add Menu’s in Fluxbox
- Ubuntu ATI & Nvidia: Resume
- UBUNTU - Installing your Bluetooth Mouse
- Asus EeePc (Part Two): Setting up the full KDE GNU/Linux Experience
- Find and Delete Duplicate File with fdupes
- Gentoo Helpful Tidbits
- Firefox 2.0/3.0 on Linux and forward/back mouse buttons
- VMWare 6 on Gentoo
- Configure Snort to log packets to MySQL
- A Guided Tour Of Awk
- perfecting gcc's output
earthweb.com: The name may conjure up images of an evil galactic overlord, but fortunately Zonbu is not here to enslave us. Quite the opposite. Zonbu's notebook -- also known as the Zonbook -- runs a version of Gentoo Linux rather than Windows and is sold with an accompanying subscription service.