- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Today in Techrights||Roy Schestowitz||18/09/2014 - 12:25pm|
|Story||5 more killer features Windows 9 should steal from Linux||Rianne Schestowitz||18/09/2014 - 12:19pm|
|Story||French ministries prove free software is viable||Rianne Schestowitz||18/09/2014 - 12:13pm|
|Story||SOSCON Booms with 1,000+ Open Source Software Developers||Roy Schestowitz||18/09/2014 - 9:53am|
|Story||Bitcoin for FOSS Projects||Roy Schestowitz||18/09/2014 - 8:53am|
|Story||Ozon OS "Hydrogen" Alpha Available For Testing||Roy Schestowitz||18/09/2014 - 8:10am|
|Story||Ubuntu Touch RTM Officially Released – Screenshot Tour||Rianne Schestowitz||18/09/2014 - 8:09am|
|Story||A Linux love story with real love and romance||Roy Schestowitz||18/09/2014 - 8:07am|
|Story||What’s in a job title?||Rianne Schestowitz||18/09/2014 - 8:04am|
|Story||Hackable $39 Allwinner A20 SBC packs HDMI and GbE||Roy Schestowitz||18/09/2014 - 7:59am|
- Novell prepping Moblin version of SUSE
- Intel, Novell stump for Moblin netbook OS
- Novell throws support behind Moblin Linux for Intel Atom netbooks, devices
- Future of Ubuntu
- Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04 on an entry-level netbook
- The Ubuntu 9.04 Intel Graphics Fiasco
- buntu on a Toshiba Satellite
- How to change the default web browser in Ubuntu
reghardware.co.uk: Duke Nukem Forever, probably the best known example of vapourware in PC gaming, may now never be completed. Developer 3D Realms has shut down, a company employee has stated.
toolbox.com/blogs: It seems to me to be a common theme of comparing Linux and open source against the big bad proprietary companies. Linux is not about what you see on the screen. It is more a way of thinking.
tectonic.co.za: As the Internet becomes more vast open source communities need to be not only educating potential users on the benefits of open source software but also encouraging them to become part of the community.
maximumpc.com: Yes, there is more to Linux than Ubuntu. As you are probably aware, there are many different types of Linux to choose from, even though not all get the attention they deserve.
times.debian.net: 38 year old Gujarati-American male lives in Jersey City, New Jersey (A suburb of New York) with wife Jyoti and children Shailaja (7) and Nilagriva (4). Was whining about some trivial thing or another on the Debian users mailing list and Bruce Perens challenged him to fix the problem.
apcmag.com: No more dirty DOS bootdisks need touch your pristine Linux box, now that a new Linux app FlashROM is on the verge of release.
bclocalnews.com: I was surprised to read in a tech journal that some IT managers are considering an open source Linux operating system for their computers and workstations. Systems are aging, budgets are tight in this economy, and Linux is, well, free.
openoffice.org: The latest and greatest 3.1 release of OpenOffice.org is available. OpenOffice.org 3.1 was officially released to the world at 09:00 UTC today.
This tutorial shows how to prepare an Ubuntu 9.04 server for the installation of ISPConfig 3, and how to install ISPConfig 3.
- How to build your own Linux distro
- 6 Ways to Get Involved with Fedora
- No GPL For Me, Thanks
- Netbook gains: win or loss for Microsoft?
- Open Database License
- Microsoft's new search - Built on open-source
- Dell S2409W 24-inch LCD
- How to add and remove services from startup on Fedora Linux
- Novell Moonlight 2.0 previews Silverlight on Linux
- 25 Sites Related to openSUSE
- Resizing windows in Gnome
- Firestarter: A GUi based Firewall for Linux
- Vim and Emacs modelines
- XBMC 9.04 w/ VDPAU, Updated Codecs, Etc
- Ubuntu Synaptic Package Manager with ISA Proxy
- New Book: Front End Drupal: Designing, Theming, Scripting
- Palm WebOS to breathe new life into Foleo?
- Make the Most of Your Presto Linux Installation
- Restoring an Overwritten GRUB Boot Loader
- Trimming the FAT: Linux and Patents
- Configuring CUPS Printers Using a Web Browser
- 1% Linux Market Share = 100% Dishonesty
- Linux Outlaws 90 - Salami-ROM
- ALSA 1.0.20 Released, Many Fixes & Improvements
- Funny Firefox
- Multi-processor support coming for Firefox
wolfmanzbytes.com: With the release of Ubuntu 9.04 I figured it was time for me to download the ISO and see what this new version of Ubuntu brings to the table. While I was at it I also decided to get the Kubuntu.
polishlinux.org: I remember the old times, when we would gather the whole family, and with impunity besiege the computer without a break. It was a time of the Worms series reign.
- Mandriva 2009.1 Spring
- Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring - First Impression
- Mandriva 2009.1 Install
- Mandriva-only mode
maketecheasier.com: I love placing all the shortcut icons and files on my Desktop. On the other hand, I also have a passion for clean desktop. Apparently, having a lot of desktop shortcuts and a clean beautiful desktop together is not quite possible. I need a solution.
extremetech.com: I got an email from a reader a few days ago and he pointed me to a blog entry by the developer of Linux Mint, one of the most popular Linux distributions. But the blog entry in question was red-hot in terms of its political subject matter.
linuxplanet.com: Adeona has been widely touted (194K hits at google) as the Open Source solution to protecting your laptop or netbook.
The KDE Community today announced the immediate availability of "Cuagmire", (a.k.a KDE 4.2.3), another bugfix and maintenance update for the latest generation 4.2.
SourceForge, the global online network for community-driven tech media and e-commerce, today announced the opening of nominations for the fourth annual SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards.