techrepublic.com: Looking for a new Linux flavor to try? The Manjaro team targets newcomers and pros alike, promising ease-of-use and performance.
ostatic.com: It's been just a week since KDE 4.10.3 was announced, but 4.11 is already reaching its first milestone freeze. TSDgeos reminded developers today that the 4.11 Soft Feature Freeze happens in just one more week.
linuxadvocates.com: What I am continually amazed to find in much of the Linux community, however – at least here on Google+ -- is an atmosphere of personal venom and attacks. Case in point: The site Linux Advocates.
- Ubuntu Website and the Community Link
- Canonical to maintain Linux 3.8 until August 2014
- keep Firefox default browser in Ubuntu
- Ubuntu One Detailed Guide for 13.04
- The Problem of Sunsetting Ubuntu Brainstorm
mylinuxexplore.blogspot: Apart from being based on one of the most popular Linux operating systems, one of the greatest USPs of Sabayon is it's aesthetics. It comes with a very professional dark blue theme with application interfaces tweaked to match it. I haven't seen many Linux distros doing it, to be honest.
junauza.com: Ubuntu is moving in all directions lately. Some polarizing decisions that have managed to alienate a few longtime Ubuntu users. Ubuntu isn't the only user-friendly distribution around. Here are a few reasons why you should switch to or at least try out Linux Mint.
omgubuntu.co.uk: Still unsure whether Double Fine’s Humble Bundle is worth the money and bandwidth? With only six days left to claim your copies, we go hands-on with every game to help you decide…
datamation.com: For a few years now, the great debate between Chrome and Firefox has raged on. Which browser is faster? Which is easier to install?
arstechnica.com: A month after critical bug was quietly fixed, "root" vulnerability persists.
everydaylinuxuser.com: For the past week I have been playing with Fedora 18. Fedora 18 only contains free software. You do not get MP3 codecs or an Adobe Flash Plug-in. What you do get is free alternatives. The question that I wanted answered is "Can we ever be totally free?"
readwrite.com: For years the software industry has trended toward ever more permissive licensing, to the point that today the GitHub developer crowd rejects formal licensing.
linuxinsider.com: Gnome-Pie could be one of the best user interfaces for accessing menus on any Linux desktop. It's easy to set up your "pies" on the desktop so that you'll have no problem finding your desired menu item for launch.
h-online.com: Open Recall is a space on The H for those things that are too small to package as news but are worth covering. In this edition: a beta of GlusterFS 3.4, version 2.0 of the Scratch interactive programming tool and language, GNU Awk 4.1.0, plans for the upcoming Vim 7.4, and version 2.0 of the open source data management platform CKAN.
- Is Mozilla Firefox 21 A 'Healthy' Browser?
- Second alpha release of Debian Edu / Skolelinux Wheezy
- How to navigate in Vim
- Why I’m not writing off Nvidia’s Shield
- How to install skype on debian 64-bit
- Install Ubuntu on a Chromebook Pixel
- Antergos Erases Cinnarch with Inaugural Release
- XBMC used for in hotel system
- GNOME Control Center 3.8.2 Released with Minor Improvements
- Rawhide week of fun, 2013-05-14
- SUSE Helps Italian Catering Group Cut Costs
- Linux commands: Newusers adds new users
- The Ultimate Fedora Code Name Generator
- Unix Architecture Showing it's Age